Kenny Hemphill

Google launches YouTube app for iPhone and iPod touch

by Kenny Hemphill on 11 September 2012 in News

The YouTube app has been ever present on the iPhone since the very first model, but, along with Google’s Maps app, it is destined to disappear when iOS 6 appears later this month. Ahead of that, Google has launched its own YouTube app, now available as a free download on the App Store. It’s currently [...]

Read more →

Apple gears up for September 12 event as speculation mounts

by Kenny Hemphill on 10 September 2012 in Analysis

Apple has begun kitting out the Yerba Buena Arts Center in San Francisco, ahead of what is expected to be one of its biggest launches of the year. The event is expected to see the announcement of the iPhone 5, and while the invitations sent out last week as good as confirm a new iPhone [...]

Read more →

Amazon launches Kindle Fire HD

by Kenny Hemphill on 6 September 2012 in News

Amazon has announced the successor to its Kindle Fire Android tablet, and it will ship in the UK next month. The Kindle Fire HD will come in two versions, with 7in and 8.9in screens, though only the smaller one will ship in the UK initially. The 7in Fire HD has a 1280 x 800 pixel [...]

Read more →

Apple announces event for September 12

by Kenny Hemphill on 4 September 2012 in News

Apple sent out invitations today for a special event taking place on September 12. That date has been widely predicted to be the day the iPhone 5 is announced, and the invitation hints at just that, with the 12 in the date casting a shadow which turns into a 5. Apple normally announces new iPods [...]

Read more →

Apple launches online Genius Bar

by Kenny Hemphill on 29 August 2012 in News

Apple Geniuses are one of the most popular features of the company’s retail stores. They’re so popular in fact, that getting an appointment with one can involve a significant wait. So Apple has come up with a solution, it’s made Geniuses available online. You can talk to one over the phone or in an online [...]

Read more →

Samsung says it will resist ban on smartphone handsets

by Kenny Hemphill on 28 August 2012 in News

Samsung has responded to a request made by Apple yesterday to ban the import to the USA of eight Samsung handsets, following the ruling in the patent trial on Friday. The South Korean company said in statement: ‘We will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products in the U.S. market.’ Apple [...]

Read more →
>