Adobe refutes Microsoft takeover talk

by Simon Aughton on October 20, 2010

Adobe boss Shantanu Narayen says the company has no intention of joining forces with Microsoft, contradicting reports of merger talks between the two companies.

Narayen told Fox Business that the company values its independence, which allows it to forge relationships with many other firms.

“We have tremendous strategic partnerships not just with Microsoft. We have partnerships with Google and with Apple, as well as with all media companies who use our creative tools to produce content,” he said.

“We partner with Microsoft and the partnership with Microsoft is all about making sure that our creative applications, which are the best-selling creative applications in the world, work really well on the Windows platform.”

Earlier this month Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer visited Adobe to discuss how best to tackle Apple’s lead in the mobile devices market. The New York Times claimed that the subject of a possible merger had been raised during the talks.

For more breaking news and reviews, subscribe to MacUser magazine. We'll give you three issues for £1
  • Krisfrank

    Well maybe Apple will consider buying Adobe then. Unlikely, I know, but all of their creative suite desparately needs some intuitive masterstrokes from Apple.

Previous post:

Next post:

>